Sunday, February 22, 2009

FEB. 22 UPDATE: Get ready, get set -- insulate!

The insulation is nearly all in place in the addition! Dave had a very productive Saturday.

Looking toward the southeast ...

... and toward the northwest.

The insulation says "Thermal and sound control," and it was doing some good already at this stage -- my footfalls didn't echo in the room as they had before. Of course, once we put up drywall, we'll have an echo chamber again! I guess that's one of the reasons people want texture on their walls ... we're still looking into the natural plaster option, which I think will help alleviate the echo-chamber effect as well.


Dave's aiming for the recommended R-value of 49 in the ceiling in the addition, which is accomplished with two layers of insulation -- one R-19 and the other R-30.

... I've been doing some weaving lately! It's a nice stress reliever, really -- watching how the colors blend together as I weave them. I'll post a picture once I've got something off the loom!

No comments: