Friday, March 6, 2009

MARCH 6 UPDATE: Acceleration

Sofia and I stopped in to see how the work was coming in the new house on Thursday.

... And we took a little time to ham it up for the camera.



I love this one! I'm so bummed it's a little blurry.

Anyway, Dave got the addition pretty well ready for drywall (you'll notice the vapor barrier is up), and the drywall lift he ordered showed up on Thursday too, so the addition is humming right along!

And we have now scheduled the spray foam insulation guys to come back to do the rest of the house -- they should be here on Monday.

It will be interesting to see if there's any difference in how the house feels or if we have any maintenance issues in the addition versus in the main house, since we're doing the insulation differently. ... I'm hoping they both keep out mice (I type as I hear a funny scritching in the ceiling).

... Both kids have been sick (colds and ear infections), but both are on the mend. Gotta love antibiotics! That medicine sure can transform a crying child into a laughing one overnight.

... Sofia and I discovered that the snow was perfect for making snowmen on Thursday! She made four total, two with me and two with Daddy. Good thing we did that Thursday, though, as the temperature dropped today and the snow is all crusty now. Fun to crunch under your boots, we found, but no longer good for snowmen.

No comments: