Friday, September 12, 2008

My morning blogging buddy

I was up before Sofia blogging this morning -- but not before Erik!

Here he is, pretty happy, for the moment, in his swing. He's really getting over his fussy spells lately -- though he often isn't happy unless he's being held. This morning, though, he's doing quite well just swinging away while I type!

He's looking quite a bit bigger, isn't he?

We'll see how happy we can keep him today -- we need to work on processing the rest of those apples. We've borrowed one apple magic machine and purchased another, so we should be able to get some apples into the freezer now!

... There was the first thump of the morning -- the crew is back on the roof. They came a little later today, but I see they brought supplies. They probably started at 7 but stopped to get lumber on their way here.

They are a local crew -- the man in charge of the company, called Prairie Builders, grew up on the farm just a mile away. That family, the Petersons, and ours were always good friends -- when my dad and his siblings walked to country school, they walked past that farm each way. Many of that generation's stories about growing up included some of the Petersons. The later generations didn't match up so well, since my sister and I came so late in life to my parents.

Anyway, the rest of the crew seems pretty local, too. It's nice to think that there's a construction company in town -- so many other businesses are not anymore.

No comments: