Saturday, September 27, 2008

SEPT. 27 UPDATE: Sofia's swinging song


Sofia started her career in songwriting while swinging on Thursday. Here's her first hit:

I can reach my arms
Up in the sky!
I can flap my wings
Up in the sky!

Not Billboard top 40 yet, perhaps, but hey, the kid's got potential!

... Another good Sofi moment: We went to the post office on Friday morning and happened to pull up just in time to see the high school marching band go by -- they were doing their daily practice. We had just seen them in the Homecoming parade the week before. The band is pretty good; we stopped to watch. I asked Sofia if she thought they sounded good, and she said: "Yes. But they didn't have any candy!" ... I explained they were just practicing this time.

Not to worry. We'll be going to the parade where they'll perform next, Gypsy Day in Aberdeen a week from today. I'm sure she'll get a good candy haul there.

... Dave's still working on that skirting for the addition, getting those pipes insulated before it freezes. He's also been dealing with some maintenance issues -- an outlet in the old farmhouse wasn't working, so he replaced that.

... We've had an avalanche of swiss chard from the garden, and a person can only eat so much sauteed chard, I have to say. But we made a soup using chard in this recipe instead of spinach for supper tonight -- pretty good!

... Dad's still in the hospital, by the way, but it looks like he should get home on Monday. All the rest of the family is reasonably healthy at this point. Yay!

No comments: