Friday, April 10, 2009

APRIL 10 UPDATE: High-traffic area

Our farm has definitely become a high-traffic area lately. Hundreds of thousands of geese are traveling on their way north to Canada toward their nesting grounds. They make quite a racket as they travel.

The other day, thousands of geese decided to stop to rest near our artesian pond. They would settle down, then fly up and circle for a bit, seeming to enjoy just flying in the spring sun before they settled back down again.


Taking pictures of geese is harder than it would seem -- or at least it is with my camera. I happened across one good shot, though. (I did doctor the photo in Photoshop, though.)


... The Prairie builders crew has been working in the house again. They've nearly finished all the drywalling. They are going to return to help us with the taping and texturing, but we think they'll wait until it's a little bit warmer. That way they don't have to heat the building while they're working.


... Erik has decided that he wants to feed himself. He won't eat unless he has a spoon in his hand, or something like bread that he can eat himself. He's not very neat yet.

... I ran out and got a nice picture of a sunrise yesterday morning. I didn't even throw a coat over my pajamas! Gotta love spring.

I did this blog entry using my new toy. It's called NaturallySpeaking, and I didn't do any typing at all. I just talking to my cool Bluetooth headset and the words appear on the screen. Of course, it did think that I said peace instead of geese. But its accuracy apparently improves as I use it.

1 comment:

Torik Fauzi said...

Good article,.... i love this one, stay update yeah !!!