Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A cool little surprise

I was helping Sofia write in her bird book this evening (Dave and Sofi bought a little notebook where they can write down all the birds they see each day) when I glanced out the window and told Sofia she'd have to wait a minute, the light was just right for some lovely photos. So I ran down and snapped a few pictures out the door, then carried the camera upstairs, thinking I'd show Sofia what I was so excited about. The angle was better from Sofia's window than it had been from below (the contrast of the dark sky with the yellow corn stubble was what looked so nice), so I snapped a few pics from her window, even though I was taking pictures through the screen, and I doubted they would turn out at all.

This is one of the pics I got from her window:

A surprisingly good picture for one taken through a screen. But then I noticed what was in the upper right corner. Here's a zoomed-in version:

That cloud is a flock of thousands of snow geese. I didn't even see them when I took the picture -- the screen hindered my vision more than it did that camera's, apparently.

I think we'll have to print this out to put in Sofia's bird book, don't you?

I just love a little surprise like that!

1 comment:

Catnap40 said...

That is nice. We see only turkey vultures out our front window.