Wednesday, July 16, 2008

JULY 16 UPDATE: No news

I came away from by doctor's appointment with no news that means much.

We're still not sure if it's going to be a C-section -- the plan is to wait and see until my next appointment, next Tuesday. Nothing is really pointing to the fact that I'd have to have a C-section except the fact that the baby is big, and I'd prefer to have the shorter recovery time of a normal delivery, so we're still going to see if the baby decides to come in the next week and a half or so. But, if he doesn't show up, we also scheduled an operating room time on Monday, July 28.

I could still wait it out past that date, but then it gets more and more likely that I'd labor for some hours and then end up having a C-section anyway when that big head doesn't want to move -- the worst option, in my mind.

So, unless baby decides to get a move on, it's a week and a half or so more of sitting with my feet propped up, it looks like!

... Dave was working on learning how to put down tile this evening. He came to the conclusion that that cheap tile cutter he got isn't going to cut it (literally) for this job, and he needs to get a wet saw. (At least he figured that out now, before frustrating himself with a pile of wrecked tiles.) He's also drawing up a plan for setting up the addition -- his dad and a neighbor will be working on that with him this weekend.

... We got a sprinkling of rain this morning -- enough to turn the windshield wipers on, but not enough to even get the ground under the corn wet, I don't think. A lot of the corn is starting to curl -- not a good sign. But I hear a rumbling of thunder -- maybe we'll still get a dousing tonight.

No comments: