Monday, July 28, 2008

July 28: Happy Birthday, Baby Losure!



It's a Boy!

Hello! It's Mari (Heidi's sister). I was sent an invitation to be a guest blogger in Heidi's absence, along with Dave and his Mom Mary--notice the 'y'. Since I am the only one with baby photos in my possession AND access to a computer, I thought I'd give "blogging" a try.


Every so often the girls and I load up the van and head north to the farm for an afternoon of berry picking, playing, cooking, sleeping or whatever.


Over a month ago on one such afternoon Sofia greeted us at the door and stated with a giggle, "My baby brother is coming today!" That day, it wasn't meant to be. This morning, however, she could have made the announcement with complete accuracy.


Baby Erik was born at 7:24 a.m. this morning via C-Section, weighing 7 lbs. 12 oz, 19 3/4" long and cute as a button. This one might turn out to be quite intelligent too--the Dr. says he has a big head (14 1/2")--closer to the average head circumference of a typical 9 lb. baby!


Mom and Baby are doing fine. Dad, too! Dave asked Sofia, "Should we take this baby home?" She thought that would be alright.


Here he is again, this time in Daddy's arms. So precious!

3 comments:

Mary Losure said...

Thanks so much for putting the pictures on! What a wonderful baby! I was just thinking this afternoon I'll have to wait THREE WHOLE DAYS to see him, and now I get to see his picture.

He looks just like Sofi!! Tell her I think we should take him home, too.

Mary/Nama

PropTart said...

Congratulations, Losure Family!!!

littlehennygirl said...

Congratulations Dave and Heidi! He's beautiful!!!!