Saturday, July 26, 2008

JULY 26 UPDATE: A wall!

The addition is starting to shape up, isn't it?

Dave and Dad got that north wall up before supper tonight. Dave had gotten the floor joists put in yesterday, and he got the decking down earlier today. Not bad for a couple days' work, I'd say!



He hit a snag this evening, though: He thought he had ordered 16-foot boards to continue the wall, but he got them out and they are only 14 feet long. Either he misordered or the lumberyard delivered the wrong ones. In any case he had to alter his work plan for the evening.

He's trying to get as much done as he can this weekend, since we'll both be spending time at the hospital next week! I decided to just go ahead with the C-section -- the baby is still growing, now measuring at between what a baby would be at 41 and 42 weeks (40 weeks is term). And there's been no progress at all toward labor. Who knows how big this kid could get before I'd deliver naturally? And July 28 sounds like a good birthday to me.

So, Monday morning, bright and early, a baby boy comes into the world! ... We'll get some pictures onto the blog as soon as we can, but I'm not sure I can train anyone else to post for me, and I doubt I'll be up for posting for a while. The world will just have to wait a few days to catch a glimpse of this one!

No comments: