Thursday, August 7, 2008

AUG. 7 UPDATE: Painting and shingling

Just a couple quick photos to let you know that I haven't completely given up on blogging with a baby!

Mary volunteered to help us paint the wood trim of our new skylights, so she was out working on that today.

I think she got two of three windows primed today. Thanks, Mary!

Dave went back to work on shingling yesterday evening and this evening. He went on a junket -- I mean, to a work-related training session on Tuesday and Wednesday, so he was in Bismarck overnight Tuesday and got to get away from the craziness here for a bit. Though he said he didn't sleep well, even if there were no crying babies or calls for Daddy in the middle of the night!


Dave got himself some new overalls -- a pants-loss prevention purchase, he says. (I suppose it would be inconvenient to have your pants fall down while you're up on the roof.) I've been calling him "Farmer Dave" this evening, since I saw his new fashion statement.

... Life with baby is intense, as one might expect these first few weeks! But it is a lot of fun to watch him start to get more alert and aware of his surroundings. He has had an alert (and not eating) period for the past three mornings now.

... Little blessings I am appreciating now as a member of the no-longer-pregnant club:
1. The ability to touch my toes and put my shoes on without odd contortions.
2. The choice of more than one pair of shoes.
3. The ability to fit into and reach things at the back of my walk-in closet.

Even with sleep deprivation, the health balance of this new mother is on the positive side!

No comments: