Thursday, June 12, 2008

JUNE 11 UPDATE: Rain and wind

No work was done on the house today. The weather was crummy, but apparently, watching the news reports from elsewhere, we shouldn't complain -- we only lost a piece of siding off the barn and some tar paper from the roof, while tornadoes led to deaths in Iowa and did damage elsewhere.

We did hear today that the soapstone stove we ordered has arrived and is waiting for us to pick it up from Mandan. It's got a very pretty old-fashioned look, I think (though we didn't get the blue color, which would have cost extra -- ours is just matte black).

No word on windows yet (I'm waiting for a price quote) or door hardware.

I had a doctor's appointment today, and baby boy is doing just fine, as am I. I'm at 32 1/2 weeks. Time to start making decisions on the kind of delivery I want, the doctor tells me ... August 2 sounds farther away than it actually is, I think!

No comments: