Friday, June 13, 2008

So what does it look like to you?

Now, I've told many people how nice I think the new roofline is. Very, very charming.



But I was telling the crew that it reminded me of something, and later it occurred to me what it was:
... either that, or ...

OK, probably not.

Anybody else have any opinions?

(When I told Walt it reminded me somehow of a Dutch hat, he said, "Oh, no. Not Finnish? Don't tell me you want to tear it all down and start all over!"

Don't worry, Walt, I'm in favor of multiculturalism.)

By the way, take a look at that top photo again. Doesn't the way Arnold, Leo and John did that sheathing look great? Not only is the building much stronger because they put the sheathing at an angle like that, it's really very aesthetically pleasing. Almost makes me feel bad to cover it up ... well, I like being warm in winter, too, so I won't feel too bad. But I thought we should at least appreciate it for a bit now while it's in view.

1 comment:

Mary Losure said...

Your mother-in-law, of course,has opinions!

But maybe, for once, she will keep them to herself.